Our professional Bulgarian Interpreters / Bulgarian Conference Interpreters have obtained the appropriate qualifications and they have solid relevant experience (they are experienced in business interpreting). They abide by professional standards of ethics, conduct and practice and they are acquainted with the latest technologies in the field.
OUR BULGARIAN CONFERENCE INTERPRETER SERVICES
LENA | Why Choose Me?
“Meticulous” is the best way to describe my approach to clients. Working with me, you are guaranteed a rigorous approach that draws on years of linguistic training and industry-specific experience. I will make sure your communication with your Bulgarian clients or partners is accurate, consistent and effective.
- Freelance English-Bulgarian-English translator of documents related to environment, food safety, healthcare, legislation, tourism and marketing; legal documents, contracts, financial statements/reports, tender documentation, user manuals;
- Editing and linguistic proofreading of texts, website translation
- Bulgarian Consecutive interpreter
- Bulgarian Simultaneous interpreter
ask competent and knowledgeable questions to clarify things and achieve the best results;
consider the subtle nuances of word meanings and the need for cultural adaptation;
conduct careful research in dictionaries, glossaries, reference books and Internet databases.
I never disclose your confidential material either during or after the translation process
Also, I use the latest technology and the most recent and advanced versions of translation software (CAT tools) to guarantee work of the highest quality and best results for your company.
St. Cyril and St. Methodius University of Veliko Turnovo
English linguistics: syntax and semantics, contrastive linguistics English – Bulgarian – Russian,
Functional Grammar; translation theory and intercultural competence
MA degree in English and Russian, University of Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
TEMPUS academic exchange project between the University of Veliko Turnovo
and the University of Wolverhampton, Great Britain;
Training for Trainers: a workshop for Conference Interpreters, organised by DG “Interpretation”, Brussels.
ability to work under pressure and keep deadlines
- Bulgarian Conference Interpreting services (consecutive and simultaneous)
- Bulgarian Court Interpreting services
- Bulgarian Escort Interpreting services
- Bulgarian Translation services
- Bulgarian Proofreading and Editing services
- Localisation services
• Консекутивен превод (21часа) на тридневен семинар за експерти, работещи с уязвими семейства, организиран от Държавна агенция за закрила на детето по проект “Management of Change through Experience and Knowledge” на ОП „Развитие на човешките ресурси”, проведен в хотел „Панорама”, Велико Търново на 16 – 18 март 2015 г.
• Консекутивен превод (8 часа) на заключителна конференция You(th) are Tolerant. Combatting Anti-Roma Stereotypes among Young People на Център за междуетнически диалог и толерантност „Амалипе”, проведен в Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Брюксел на 21.01. 2015 г.
• Симултанен превод в кабина (4 часа) на юбилейна научна конференеция „135 години български парламентаризъм” на ВТУ„Св. Св. Кирил и Методий”, проведена в Регионалния исторически музей във Велико Търново на 13 април, 2014 г.
• Симултанен превод в кабина (15 часа) на четвъртата национална конференция на „Дружество по хирургия на ръката –. България” на тема „Хирургия на ръката”, проведена в хотел „Янтра”, Велико Търново на 25 – 26 април, 2014 г.
• Симултанен превод в кабина (14 часа) на Европейски семинар на тема „Управление на спешни случаи и инциденти”, проведен в гр. Плевен на 5-6 декември, 2012 г.
• Симултанен превод в кабина (16 часа) на фирма „Вакер”, проведен в хотел „Янтра”, Велико Търново на 21-22 ноември 2012г.
• Симултанен превод в кабина (22 часа) на полицейска партньорска конференция между Великобритания и България, организирана от Британското посолство в Интерхотел, Велико Търново на 14 – 16 ноември 2012 г.
• Симултанен превод в кабина (6 часа) на Събитие на високо равнище: Приносът на фондовете на ЕС към интеграцията на ромите, проведено в Интерхотел, Велико Търново на 23 юни, 2011 г.
SBEZHANA | Why Choose Me?
I have worked as an assistant professor at Veliko Tarnovo university for 25 years and have been teaching translation and conference interpreting to future interpreters from English into Bulgarian and from Bulgarian into English. I have received my training in conference interpreting at DG Interpretation in Brussels.
I have a vast experience in translating and Bulgarian conference interpreting. I also practice as a freelancer and have been part of many international seminars and work meetings at all levels.
I also successfully completed a Training for trainers seminar for teachers of conference interpreting organised by the Directorate General for Interpretation of the European Commission in Brussels in 2012.
Some of the more important events that I have interpreted for:
• Bulgarian Simultaneous interpretation services „Arts & design. Space for creativity“.
• Bulgarian Consecutive interpretation services at a three-day seminar for experts working with vulnerable children “Management of Change through Experience and Knowledge” under OP “Human resource development”.
• Bulgarian Simultaneous interpretation services at a conference „135 years of Bulgarian parliamentarianism” organized by Veliko Tarnovo University of St. St. Cyril and Methodius.
• Bulgarian Simultaneous interpretation services at the fourth national conference „Association of hand surgery – Bulgaria.
• Bulgarian Consecutive interpretation services for the American Embassy „Immediate challenges in supplying raw materials for feed production.
• Bulgarian Consecutive interpretation services For Soflab company – presentation of foreign partners.
• Bulgarian Consecutive interpretation services for ID Imperial plc.
• Bulgarian Simultaneous interpretation services at a European seminar „Management of emergencies and accidents”.
• Bulgarian Simultaneous interpretation services for Wacker Ltd.
• Bulgarian Simultaneous interpretation services at a police partner conference between Bulgaria and UK.
• Bulgarian Simultaneous interpretation services for the Dutch Embassy – presentation of Dutch companies operating in Veliko Tarnovo region.
• Bulgarian Simultaneous interpretation services at a high level event: The contribution of EU funds for the integration of the Roma population.
Bulgarian Business interpreter services
Bulgarian Proofreading services
Assistance in organising accommodation on the territory of Bulgaria
Assistance in organising tours on the territory of Bulgaria
- European funding and European projects
- Public procurement
- European funding and European projects
- Public procurement
• Simultaneous interpretation „Arts & design. Space for creativity“.
• Consecutive interpretation at a three-day seminar for experts working with vulnerable children “Management of Change through Experience and Knowledge” under OP “Human resource development”.
• Simultaneous interpretation at a conference „135 years of Bulgarian parliamentarianism” organized by Veliko Tarnovo University of St. St. Cyril and Methodius.
• Simultaneous interpretation at the fourth national conference „Association of hand surgery – Bulgaria.
• Consecutive interpretation for the American Embassy „Immediate challenges in supplying raw materials for feed production.
• Consecutive interpretation For Soflab company – presentation of foreign partners.
• Consecutive interpretation for ID Imperial plc.
• Simultaneous interpretation at a European seminar „Management of emergencies and accidents”.
• Simultaneous interpretation for Wacker Ltd.
• Simultaneous interpretation at a police partner conference between Bulgaria and UK.
• Simultaneous interpretation for the Dutch Embassy – presentation of Dutch companies operating in Veliko Tarnovo region.
• Simultaneous interpretation at a high level event: The contribution of EU funds for the integration of the Roma population.
DONKA | Why Choose Me?
I am an experienced and self-confident English to Bulgarian and retour Bulgarian Translator and Interpreter with strong academic background and Masters degree in Linguistics and Translation. On account of my varied experience chiefly in the field of industrial engineering and construction, I can handle and adequately render from source to target language a wide scope of texts and speeches. Those including, yet not limited to technical, legal (contracts), financial, tender, educational and general language use.
In 2009 I acquired my Master’s degree in English Studies with specialisation in Linguistics and Translation. My early career started with the position of an English Language and Literature Teacher at a Foreign Languages High School in Shoumen, Bulgaria, and in the meanwhile I combined my main occupation with the job of a translator and Bulgarian interpreter. That secondary occupation opened to me the doors to engineering and technical translation in particular, which predetermined my future development.
Soon enough, I was proposed the position of a Project Office Coordinator and Translator for a major infrastructural project with international contractors. The project envisaged rehabilitation and extension of the urban water supply and sewerage networks of Shoumen, as well as the extension of the existing Waste Water Treatment Plant to secondary (biological) treatment. During that time I was able to develop good organisational and coordination skills that enable me to master adequately various situations.
The project was successfully completed in August 2011, so I began working at the University of Shoumen’s International Relations and Projects Centre, where besides translation on daily basis my duties covered all activities related to project development. During this period I developed two successful projects, for which funding was awarded to the University. I was also responsible for maintaining the University’s international relations and I gave assistance on various matters to foreign lecturers and students.
Yet, with the extension to a second stage of the infrastructural project, described above, I was invited by the Municipality of Shoumen to join the project team. The project envisaged a further improvement of the urban Water Cycle with focus on the quality of discharged waste water to the requirements on EU Water Directives. As part of the project team I was responsible for coordination of project related assignments with state institutions and parties involved, preparation of Tender Procedures as per the Bulgarian and EU legislation on Public Procurement and FIDIC Conditions of Contract, planning of and participation in coordination meetings with the parties involved, as well as preparation of media releases and project publicity related materials.
However, as I always seek challenges and adventures, I decided to relocate to the city of Bourgas, Bulgaria, where, after working for one academic semester as a University Lecturer in English language, I came across a curious job offer related to the South Stream Project. So, in May 2014, I grasped the opportunity to join the project as a Pipe Tally Clerk for Saipem S.p.A – Bulgaria Branch. Being a Pipe Tally for a while allowed me become aware of the actual production processes in a Marshaling Yard, which experience I value highly as it is essential for a Bulgarian technical translator to be highly aware of numerous production and technological processes.
In October, I was proposed the position of a Community Liaison Officer. As such I liaised closely with all departments for the purposes of reporting and problem solving. I interacted with stakeholders and local communities informing them about the Project benefits and potential risks, and contributed to the development and dissemination of Saipem’s Sustainability culture. I am happy to say that I managed to establish very good relations with all parties involved in and affected by the project. I was able to contribute to the significant improvement of the workers’ welfare and working conditions, also for the prevention of illegal activities in the area of the Port of Bourgas, thus ensuring the health and safety of members of some of the local communities. Being responsive to people’s needs and the ability to mitigate potential conflicts are essential for the job; therefore I strived to enhance good communication between all parties and to educate them in emotional rationality in order to maintain sustainable interaction between stakeholders.
Unfortunately in July 2015 South Stream Transport B.V. terminated its contract with Saipem S.p.A, to suit the convenience of the Client, which is a standard contractual clause that does not imply the presence of a contractual breach or non-compliance. This circumstance has currently set me to look back at my translation vocation. So now I am open to new adventures to come into my life
- I assume a responsible attitude to all engagements that I undertake;
- I do my best not to overestimate my skills and abilities to perform a project thus not to mislead prospective clients;
- Should I encounter a problem I discuss it openly with the parties affected;
- I believe that dialogue and cooperation between translators and clients are crucial to the adequate rendition of a text, thus whenever I come across an ambiguous part I am not hesitant to discuss it, if possible, with the author of the text or the job assignor.
Master’s degree in English Studies, specialisation in Linguistics and Translation, Diploma № 26672, issued on 03 July 2009, recognised by UK NARIC as comparable to British Master’s degree standard. Hence I am a qualified Bulgarian linguist.
Bachelor’s degree in English Studies, Diploma № 26351 issued on 07 July 2006, recognised by UK NARIC as comparable to British Bachelor’s (Honours) degree standard
ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems – Internal Auditor – skills to assess and report on the conformance and implementation of processes based on ISO 14001:2015. Plan and prepare for an internal audit, gather audit evidence through observation, interview and sampling of documents and records. Write factual audit reports to help improve the effectiveness of the management system. Suggest ways in which the effectiveness of corrective action might be verified.
Certificate of completion an E-Learning course on Managing Environmental and Social Performance. Environmental and social risk assessment & management; Environmental and Social Performance Standards awareness; corporation’s strategic commitment to sustainable development and risk management; corporate social responsibility; conflicts mitigation; community liaison and grievance management; etc.
Occupational Health, Safety and Environment. Management of health and safety labour conditions on construction sites. Main preconditions for labour incidents while performing construction and mounting works. Construction site organisation and safe performance of construction and mounting works. Health ans Safety Plan. Risk assessment. Health and safety instructions during construction. Health and safety officers’ responsibilities.
Certificate № 01810 for EU Funded Projects Development and Management. Knowledge and practical skills acquired: Projects characteristics. Project cycle; Logical framework – key tools for successful projects elaboration and management; Project development. Analysis. Planning. Risks identification; Project implementation, monitoring and assessment; EU funds; Application forms filling – specifics and requirements. Funding resources databases.
Certificate of attendance in a Mobility Practice under Lifelong Learning Programme Leonardo Da Vinci for specific personal competences enhancement. Exchange of good practices and ‘know-how’ for the development of innovative and alternative educational programmes; acquisition of first-hand experience of the methods of integration, training and further qualification of long-term unemployed and marginal social groups; intercultural communication; team-work; conflict management; leadership; time and stress management
Certificate of completion of an E-Learning course on Managing Environmental and Social Performance
Occupational Health, Safety and Environment (Certificate № 649/ 07.05.2014)
Certificate № 01810 for EU funded projects development and management
Certificate of attendance in a Mobility Practice under Lifelong Learning Programme Leonardo Da Vinci for specific personal competences enhancement.
- Bulgarian Consecutive Interpreter
- Bulgarian Business Interpreter
- Bulgarian Translator services
- Bulgarian Editing Services
- Bulgarian Proofreading services
- Bulgarian Editing and proofreading services
- Formatting services
The list below covers only the major and most significant translations I have performed to date. It is not exhaustive and full account of my work.
Completed translation assignments:
• Inception Report for ‘Shoumen Water Cycle Improvement Project’;
• Preliminary Design Report for the ‘Rehabilitation and Extension of Shoumen Water Supply and Sewerage Networks’;
• Shoumen Water Supply and Sewerage Network Hydraulic Modeling Report;
• Master Plan for Water Management;
• Tender Dossier for the Rehabilitation and Extension of Shoumen Water Supply and Sewerage Networks;
• Tender Dossier for the Rehabilitation of Pumping Stations for Potable Water in Shoumen;
• Tender Dossier for the Construction of a Sewerage Pumping Station and a Pressure Main to WWTP, Shoumen, for the Divdyadovo Quarter in Shoumen;
• Geologic Report on the Alignment of the Main Water Supply Pipeline from the Ticha Dam to the Town of Shoumen;
• Tender Dossier for the Extension of WWTP Shoumen to Secondary Treatment;
• NuviDat software manual for remote and centralized management of the technological process at WWTP;
• Technical Specifications for mechanical and electrical equipment for sewerage pumping stations on the left bank of the Maritsa River in Dimitrovgrad.
• Tender Dossier for the Construction of a Drinking Water Treatment Plant – Gabrovo